Our commitment to the CF community through Covid-19
Friday March 27, 2020
It’s a tense time for all of us. Covid-19 is scary and it’s rapidly changing just about every aspect of life as we know it.
What isn’t changing is our commitment to supporting the CF community.
Our utmost priority is to ensure that people with cystic fibrosis and their families remain supported throughout the pandemic and into the future.
As we progress through the pandemic, we’ve made some changes to the way we deliver our services.
- Our four fieldworkers have stopped face-to-face contact. They remain on the frontline providing comfort and practical support via video link, email and by phone.
- If a fieldworker is unable to work due to Covid-19, another fieldworker will be asked to provide cover for their CF community.
- We have stepped up our communication, regularly publishing timely guidance from the CF medical teams, answering the community’s questions on Covid-19, and providing other information as necessary.
- Our regional CF branches have stopped face-to-face contact and will continue to provide support through emails, texts and calls.
- Our financially based support, such as welfare and physical activity grants, will continue as normal. These can be accessed through the fieldworker team and the CFNZ website.
- All CFNZ staff are working from their homes to continue the ‘behind the scenes’ work that goes into running the organisation. This includes fundraising, accounts, administration, communications, and management.
There is no change in our service level, other than the removal of face-to-face contact. Remember too that if you need medical assistance don’t hesitate to contact your clinical team.
As we move through this pandemic we will work to focus on these priorities to the best of our abilities. If we can be of assistance, please let us know.
He waka eke noa – we’re all in this together.
Jane and the CFNZ team
P.S. We're regularly publishing Covid-19 updates for the CF community on our Covid-19 page. Be sure to keep checking this page for latest information.