"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments,
but what is woven into the lives of others"
Pericles (Greek Statesman, c 420BC)
Leaving a Legacy
Leaving a legacy with the Cystic Fibrosis Association of New Zealand is one way to remain woven into the community, and to live on beyond your lifetime and well into the future.
You can help us, the Cystic Fibrosis Association, to provide the services that make such a difference in the lives of people affected by Cystic Fibrosis. Those affected with the condition, their families, communities, and health professionals.
The Cystic Fibrosis Association of New Zealand is an incorporated not-for-profit organisation which receives little government funding. We rely on the generosity of the public through donations, fundraising efforts, and bequests to fund our vital work within the CF community.
When leaving a legacy you have many choices, including
· Making a bequest for the general purposes of the Association· Creating a permanent endowment fund or contributing to a fund managed by the Association. You may want to appoint a Trustee of your choice, or nominate the Association as Trustee
· Creating a named Trust in memory of a loved one· Leaving an asset, such as property that will go on generating income, shares or bonds, jewellery or art
· Funding a specific Association programme of particular significance to you, such as research, tertiary education, welfare assistance, information library, advocacy, family education or administration
Your bequest may be for a stated amount of money, it may be a share of the entire estate, it may be in relation to a specific asset, or it may be all or part of everything that is left after you have provided for family and friends.
Your legal advisor can help you to find the right words to give effect to your wishes. If you are planning to leave a legacy or bequest, please
· Get professional advice with drawing up your will· Discuss all the terms and conditions with your legal advisor
· Appoint competent Trustees and Executors to ensure any special conditions are met
· Talk to us about what you would like to do
In Memoriam Donations
For many people, ‘In Memoriam’ donations to a charity of choice at times of bereavement are a thoughtful and positive way of celebrating the life of a loved one.
Donations can be left at the funeral service to be forwarded to the Association or you may wish to send your donation directly to us. Please include the name of the person that you are remembering and your own details so that we can send you a receipt.
If you would like to receive the brochure "Leaving a Legacy" please contact our National Office, or download it here: Leaving a Legacy.pdf Page Top
Charity Dinner & Auction
Saturday 8 June.
17-20 August, 2013
Rendezvous Hotel, Auckland
Adidas Auckland Marathon
Please note 'Accounts' are for Branch Executives to have access to management and goverance information.